SPark Field Hockey Club
Please note date & time changes! (12.7.20)
Developing World Class Field Hockey in Maryland
SPark Club Indoor players train twice a week from December through February, play in multiple tournaments, and may participate in the SPark leagues. U16 and U19 teams may be entered in a qualifier tournament for the National Indoor Tournament. Attendance at ALL practices, tournaments and league games is mandatory. Missing these can result in removal from the team with no refund. SPark athletes may not play for another field hockey club if you are affiliated with the SPark Field Hockey Club.
Club Team Age Group / Birth Years:
U10 Birth Years 2011, 2012, 2013
U12 Birth Years 2009 & 2010
U14 Birth Years 2007 & 2008
U16 Birth Years 2005 & 2006
U19 Birth Years 2002, 2003, 2004
U10 and U12 cost is $700 + 5% processing fee with a payment plan available.
U14, U16, U19 cost is $915 + 5% processing fee with a payment plan available.*
Practice - Two days a week
Each travel team will play in 4 tournament events or the Junior Premier Indoor League or another club league. *An additional registration fee will be required for U14, U16 and U19 teams in the JPIL and that for the National Indoor Tournament.
Pre-SEASON TEAM EVALUATIONS:
There will be TWO evaluation sessions held to establish team placement for the upcoming season. Both sessions will be held at our new home: the Indian Creek Upper School Tennis Dome! (see below listed dates). Please mark your calendars NOW!! Attendance to BOTH sessions is highly recommended to ensure that your child receives a complete and thorough evaluation. Please plan to arrive 20 min early to each placement session for a check-in. The Indian Creek Upper School Tennis Dome is located at 1130 Anne Chambers Way, Crownsville, MD.
Club Team Pre-Season Evaluation Dates (Mark Your Calendar!!):
Tuesday, December 15
Wednesday, December 16
Thursday, December 17
Friday, December 18
Saturday, December 19
Check list for Evaluations
1) Registered and current member of USA Field Hockey valid through March 2021
2) Indoor tennis shoes, indoor stick, mouth guard, shin guards, water bottle, mask (no sharing of equipment)
USA Field Hockey Membership:
1) All SPark Club members must be a CURRENT member of USA Field Hockey
2) To register go to: https://webpoint.usfieldhockey.com/wp/Memberships/...
3) All memberships must be valid through March 2021
4) When you register and/or update your membership you must designate SPark FHC as your home club.
Club Practice Schedule:
All practices will be held at the Indian Creek Upper School Tennis Dome and will start on December 1st and run weekly through mid Feb 2021. While we try to take a break between Christmans and New Years, some teams may have practices during that time due to National Indoor Qualifiers and JPIL. *Special practice dates may also be added for National Indoor Qualifiers, JPIL or other special Tournaments.
U10-U19 players must purchase a uniform, if one was not already purchased during the 2019/2020 season. A Uniform package (2 uniform tops, 2 skirts, 1 pair of socks) can be purchased during the registration process. Please be aware that these uniforms do run small. All SPark players are also required to have a practice pennie, which can also be purchased during the registration process. Returning players have an option to purchase a new skirt, uniform top and/or practice pennie at this time as well.
Penalty face masks cannot be shared this year. There is an option to purchase a new or used (bleached and cleaned) face mask during the registration process.
SPark FHC is a non-profit organization and we rely on parent volunteers. Additionally, we offer registration fee reductions in exchange for taking on significant volunteer positions. Please contact our SPark administrator at SParkFHC@gmail.com for ways to volunteer however big or small!
Registration and fees are non-refundable. Your registration is a commitment from your family to SPark FHC, in the same way we are committed to the success of your child. Should the season be cancelled in its entirety, refunds will be made in full, less $50 admin fee.
IMPORTANT NOTES & REMINDERS:
1. All club players are required to wear a full-hand indoor left glove and many prefer to wear a glove on both hands. If you need gloves, we will have some available for purchase at each evaluation session (Nov 1 & Nov 8).
2. Attendance at all practices, tournaments and league games are mandatory.
3. Practices are closed to parents and spectators.
4. You may not play for another club team during the 2020/21 season which includes up to and through summer 2021 events. *Special exceptions can be made upon request to play on another club team as a guest player for college recruitment events.
5. Safety and player/parent sportsmanship are paramount to the success of our club and the sport of field hockey itself. To ensure that players and parents are positive supporters of SPark Field Hockey, it is necessary for each family to read and agree to the waiver / policies of our Club when you register.
Please see our current COVID-19 Guidelines
Questions about our programs? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org